Prep Time: 10 min + 30 min refrigerated
Bake Time: 10 min
Serves about 22 to 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- Mix olive oil and sugar in a standing mixer until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing in between.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until dough forms. It should resemble a thick brownie batter.
- In a separate bowl dissolve the baking soda into the hot water.
- Add the baking soda water and vanilla to the brownie batter bowl and combine until it is fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Set oven to 350 degrees when ready to bake and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop set heaping tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges of cookies have set.
- Let cool and transfer to a wire rack.
*Recipe has been adapted from Butterlust.
This sweet treat is everything you need for your chocolate fix. Seriously, brownie cookies? This is the answer. Super soft and srumdidlyumptious dessert. Definitely dark with the perfect kick of the white chocolate chip scattered in each bite. If you aren’t a fan of white chocolate then omit of course and just enjoy the pure surgary cacao. Or add some sea salt to the top after taking them out of the oven for a different blend of sweet.
Looking for something different to bring to your next game night or book club night? I think I found just the thing. Not your typical brownie. Not your typical cookie. Kind of the best of both worlds. The white chocolate adds the perfect punch but there are definitely other options if you are craving something else. You could add mint chips for Christmas or peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips…. go crazy.
I baked these all at once and found them to be just as crazy soft on the second and third day. Please give these a try, you won’t regret it! Leave any comments or questions and be sure to check out the rest of my blog!