Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 20 to 23 min
Serves about 16 bars
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup(1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup raspberry jam or jelly preserves
- 1 tbsp water, lemon, or almond extract
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13×9 pan.
- Combine dry cake mix and oats in large bowl, add melted butter and stir until crumbly.
- Measure half of crumb mixture into pan. Press firmly to cover bottom.
- Combine preserves and water/extract, stir until blended. Spread over crumb mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle remaining mixture over preserves.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes until slightly golden.
- Combine powdered sugar, extract, and milk. Drizzle over bars, cut, and serve.
Happy New Year!!! For those of you looking to incorporate some more healthy food into your diets here ya go. A fruity dessert. The answer to all your problems. Of course I’m kidding but hey it’s a start right? So onto another subject. Semi-homemade. Sometimes you just want a quick go to recipe with half the work. My family requests these all the time and I make them multiple times every year. Trust me these pack a punch of flavor.
So in the ingredients I listed a few options for extracts to mix with the jam. I like to change it up sometimes and give it a lemon hint so I will add some lemon juice to the jam and the glaze. Then other times I substitute the extract for a little almond flavor instead so I guess it just depends on my food mood. But if neither spark your interest just add water and raspberry will be the star of the oatmeal bar show. All three options are fantastic. I have done them all.